Facebook’s Chrome Extension
YESTERDAY, Google quietly rolled out their +1 Button Chrome extension a couple days ago. It’s more powerful than it may seem because you can now easily +1 any page you’re browsing on the web regardless of if the owner of that content placed a button on their site. Facebook decided to do the same thing.
Shortly after our post went up, we were pointed to this extension in the Chrome Web Store. Sure enough, it’s a Facebook Like Button extension, that according to Google’s “verified author” service is indeed built by Facebook itself. What’s surprising is hardly anyone knows about this extension, it has just 500 users!
Here’s what Facebook has to say on the matter:
You do not need to be logged in to Facebook to install this plugin, but to like, share or recommend a page you will need to log in to a current Facebook account, or create a new one. While the plugin is installed, it will display the total number of likes for the page you are viewing. To provide a personalized experience, Facebook will see some technical information such as the URL of the page you are on, your IP address and the date and time you visited the site. All information collected before you log into Facebook is anonymous or aggregated and will not identify you.
So, tell us what do you think. Will you go install it?
About geekytechguyHello! Thanks for visiting my site/blog. This blog is going to be where the most up-to-date tech news is posted. Gadgets, Gizmos, IT, Technology, Reviews, all posted Here! Please be sure to tell others and check back regularly. We also have a Twitter: GeekyTechGuy!
- Apple lists 8 Samsung Products they want banned due to law suit. tinyurl.com/9mz4bubNext tweet: 4 years ago
- Twitter sets max user caps for 3rd party clients, tightens API rules to direct users to official apps tnw.to/g3XS via @TNWtwitNext tweet: 4 years ago
- Indiana AT&T Technicians File Class Action Lawsuit Citing Grim Break Conditions huff.to/PVZ32X via @HuffPostBizNext tweet: 4 years ago
- @Jessewelle Sandwhich name: The steakinatorNext tweet: 5 years ago
- RT @SwaggSec: Exploit release from one of our members! 1337day.com/exploits/18842 (Notice his kind shoutout.)Next tweet: 5 years ago
- RT @ForHumanPeoples: The rumors are true! We're doing another 4/20 sale for the next 24 hours! - forhumanpeoples.com/collections/th…Next tweet: 5 years ago
- RT @wired: Two brothers use Kickstarter for feedback, not funding, to launch their product the 2nd time around. bit.ly/LCckyvNext tweet: 5 years ago